Thursday, November 17, 2005

Hello again from Massachusetts! It's official, I start therapy on Monday at 11am. As it turns out, this seems to be an injury-prone time for a lot of people and it's hard to get fitted in for therapy, but they found an opening for me, so no long 3 hours trips into Boston traffic, just a 5 mile drive, and two of my Aunts have offered to alternate taking me. I was feeling kind of bad living at my Uncle's house rent-free, so tonight I cooked up a new pasta recipe with roasted red pepers and garlic....yum! Thankfully it came out great! ; ) I'm glad my Aunt is letting me help around the house, and it's kind of fun helping the kids with homework and being amazed at all the cool stuff they get to do in school (especially science class) that I never did. I played a recorder (like a flute) for the first time in years, it was pretty funny! Ryan's getting really good on his guitar, he's about to sing and play John Lennon's Let It Be for me!!

Saranya, thought of this! You'd be happy, my Aunt has me on a wine kick. I love white wine!!! ; ) My Uncle offered me beer, and I declined for wine instead!! ; )

I played a card game with my Nana today for a little while, and it was hilarious. She's like, "I don't know dear if I remember how to play this game." And then 2 minutes later, "pht, pht, pht, pht" she's discarded all her cards and gone out. 10 rounds, all lost my me, later, we took a break. I was like, "Nan, you kicked my butt!" and she's like, "I sure did!" She asked me if I could make my Mom's famous potatoes....and I said I would, but I need to ask my Aunt about it for Thanksgiving. It's a holiday coming up and I know everyone thinks it's about stuffing your faces, and I think for a lot of people it's sadly lost it's meaning. But, Thanksgiving is a time for family, it's a time to get together as one for a meal. And especially in this day and age in America it's a rare thing to share a family meal at all. For my family, it's a time to remember those who have gone, and be thankful for all we have been blessed with, to remember each other and share how much we mean to each other. Because, no matter what bitterness lies in the past, there is nothing to replace family and the bonds that we share.

I am sad that I'll miss my own family dinner and miss seeing my Pop Pops and my Dad's brother and his family. I haven't seen my Uncle in a few years. But hopefully I'll see them soon. I am so thankful to be with family though, and my family (Mom's side) up in Massachusetts has tried to so hard to make me feel at home, and I do! See, it's the act of loving someone inspite of themselves. You know, inspite of me sometimes laying down the law (so to speak), giving mislaid advice, being a bit bossy sometimes, my family still loves me! ; ) Despite all of our weaknesses, the bond that is family is so much stronger. So, this Thanksgiving coming up, I do have so much to be thankful for! I'm in the mood to share now, but Thanksgiving is in another week, so I'll wait and on the day, give you a summary list of all I'm thankful for.

You know, looking back, even in the bad times, I cannot complain because God was always there. His blessings always came through when I needed them most, and He's never failed me yet.

Today watched news and it's so heartbreaking what is on these days and the amount of hate and crimes against fellow mankind that one could get overwhelmed. I realized how desensitized over the years I've become to things like that. But just the same, I had to tell my cousins to leave, because they are just too young to see the things they show on the news these days. They are already anxious and overly cautious enough as it is. I mean the scariest things now for them are the wind blowing the garbage cans around in a stormy night. I think I'm feeling wicked overprotective of them, but in a way you kind of have to be. I mean if kids grow up only knowing love and laughter, then this world could be a better place! I know it's so idealistic, but I'm sometimes tragically too idealistic.....but one can always hope.

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

Let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

And when the broken hearted people
Living in the world agree,
There will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is
Still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer, let it be.

Let it be, let it be.
Yeah
There will be an answer, let it be.

And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

Let it be, let it be.
There will be an answer, let it be.
Let it be, let it be,
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still faithfully reading your blog, and enjoying what you have to say. Would be nice to chat with you sometime. Hope all is well.

~Jasmine