Sunday, August 20, 2006

These Scriptures have really spoken to me recently and provided a lot of comfort. I used to walk in God's peace and then I turned away from it. It is so freeing to turn back towards God's loving arms and walk in His peace. I love the second passage, where it says that no matter what goes wrong, no matter how bad it might be, God is compassionate and His love never fails and His peace never leaves you. The last verse reminds me not to spend too much time worrying, but to bring my requests before God and leave my anxiety with Him. I love the beauty of the first passage, it's a few verses from Psalm 119 that I pulled out that really hit home with me when I was reading it recently. I was tired and I needed to be reminded of God's unfailing love, and find my comfort again. I needed to accept God's compassion and seek it, rather than striking out on my own. Because on my own I was failing miserably. To live is Christ, and in Him I can do all things because He strengthens me. I had lost sight of that, but not any longer.

28 My soul is weary with sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word.
41 May your unfailing love come to me, O LORD,

your salvation according to your promise;
50 My comfort in my suffering is this:

Your promise preserves my life.
77 Let your compassion come to me that I may live,

for your law is my delight......Psalm 119.

10 Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for
you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
says the LORD, who has compassion on you......Isaiah 54.

5 Let your gentleness be evident to all.
The Lord is near.
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything,
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.
7 And the peace of God,
which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.....Philippians 4

No comments: