Sunday, August 20, 2006

Overwhelmed by grace I fall to my knees
I wait as Your peace floods my soul
Your Spirit blesses like a gentle breeze
It's only in You that I am whole

It's only in Your will that I am free
I leave my burdens behind
You walk shoulder to shoulder with me
Your love is like no other I could find

I lift my arms in total praise
Palms stretched outward to receive
Your blessing or to skim the blaze
Of your glory, the whole of which I cannot conceive

Your presence floods my being
I'm lost for words to express my devotion
Even the worship that I sing
Is inadequate measure of my emotion

I can't explain the freedom found in Your grace
I can only imagine the day when I can fully see You
To be with You face to face
And express how thankful I am for all You do

I see my undeserving self and marvel at Your
Goodness, and bask in Your Mercy anew
I long to live a life that is Holy and Pure
Set apart, Lord for You

So consecrate me for Your purpose
Sanctify me by the power of Your forgiveness
I claim your covenant of peace with us
And walk in joy, compassion and fullness

No comments: