Friday, December 16, 2005

Today, we had the makings of an ice storm, but it turned too warm and changed over to rain. Went to therapy and I was the only one there. My therapist is really cool and it's always fun to go and chat with her. Today I did 5lbs!!!! Yeah!!! ; ) One small step in weight increase, one giant leap for my confidence. Next week she's going to help me put the prosthesis on. The main problem I have with it (besides needing new padding) is that the silicone bladder inside has 're-inflated' and therefore must be stretched out again. This is done through wearing it. I remember when I got my leg several painful weeks of putting it on and taking it off. But that was easier then because I had callouses built up from years of prosthesis wear. It's amazing how a few months off your 'feet' and those callouses disappear. I nearly had my leg on by myself, but the pain in my stump's skin was just too much for me, so I stopped. But I have to deal with the pain, because that's what happens, those callouses have to be built up again. I'm going to pick up some hydrocortisone cream that might help....I'm not sure.

Anyways, wow....9 more days til Christmas, and I haven't done my shopping at all. I have all these cards to send out (still need some peoples' addresses!!!!???) but haven't had a chance to go to the post office. I have a feeling they'll be sent out late again this year and atleast for my Oxford friends, won't get there til after the New Year!

Okay, so Caitlin's new puppy! It's a girl, a black lab. No name so far for her, still in deliberation, but I'm afraid that after a week of rough med school exams, Cait might go over to the darkside and name her puppy a medical term. I'm not sure....her roomate suggested melo-something or other which means, bloody poop. OH dear God! ; ) Anyways, the puppy's momma is a chocolate lab named Hershey and her dad is a yellow lab named Levi. All the puppies came out black and there were two girls and about 8 boys.

Well, tonight we're having pizza at Nana's, like we used to. So that will be a nice thing to do with her, and this weekend I'm probably going to stay over atleast one night. She's been asking me to and I think it'll be good. I was going to see if my Aunt could rent that movie, "Waking Ned Devine" for us. Cait introduced me to it, and it's awesome! We laughed so hard and Nana loved it too. So I thought it'd be good for her and a nice break from Law & Order, which she watches faithfully every night. Not that I don't like Law & Order.

Anyways, hope this finds you all happy and well. I'd love to hear from you!

Here's a few messages:
Cuidate mi amiga mejor! Saranghe-yo!!!! Apna khayaal rakhna meri pyaari dost. Nina ku-penda rafiki yangu. Miss you guys, please take care, love ya!!! (translation!)

No comments: