Friday, December 09, 2005

Hello.....SNOW!!!!! Finally, I feel like I'm home at last....snow!!!! Oh, glorious snow!!! And the weirdest thing occurred in this Nor'easter...thunder and lightning!!! I've never been in a blizzard with thunder and lightning before!!!

Sadly, am heart broken as I can't play in the snow just yet...have to watch from the windows as the kids have a snowball fight. Oh, the times when I was a kid building snowforts and having snowball fights....playing king of the snow mound. ; ) Oh to be young. Alright....off my kick now.

I have to say my email's been wacky lately, I've been missing people's messages and getting them late. So, please know I'm not forgetting about any of you all, and I think of you often and miss you!

Well, the doc appointment went okay....he said to wean myself off my brace. Which I'm doing just fine with....I only need to wear it if I'm being active on the crutches, otherwise, not. So I slept for the last few nights without it and finally I can sleep more comfortably. I got the green light for starting to wear my prosthesis, however when I tried to put it on at the doc's office, i couldn't get it on. Still have some residual swelling. Anyways, long story short, they brought in a prosthetist, however it's not covered under the aide i'm getting from MassHealth. So, I have to pay big, big bucks to get the leg refitted. Some padding had torn out and gotten ripped....the guy tried to get me to buy shrinker socks for the swelling and they cost $600+!!!!! I had to say no! So, right now I'm trying to find a way to get my leg fixed at a lower cost or at partial coverage. Sigh....this injury has been such a battle. I kind of feel like I'm stuck in my own personal winter season.

So, I'll keep you all posted. I'm going to Maine, if the weather holds tomorrow to Kennebunkport for a few days with my Aunt and cousin. It should be lots of fun. We're actually going to stay in two different inns, one with it's own pub and another that's modelled after British hospitality. ; ) Full English breakfast served, woo-hoo. I'll feel at home ; ) I'm trying to be more positive, and finally got a nice phone call from the little brother....still the same kid. He's doing a thesis on Lord Nelson of all people and he finally, through experience, agrees with me that British comedy is just the best! : )

I'll write later about Maine, and I hope this snow doesn't keep me down with my crutches!

No comments: