Thursday, September 22, 2005

Today is a much better day. Last night was so hilarious. Fatima is back in Oxford, hoo-ray!! :) Am so happy to see her again and catch up. Stuti crashed at my place last night. Dear, sweet Stu....and she pulled the handicap alarm in my room. Hehehe. And I, clueless as to what to do, tried calling the housekeeper, who is away on holiday...there is no night porter here at Linacre college...so I was stuck. Who'm I gonna call? But Saranya...haha...what an awesome guy, he comes out at half past midnight to get the porters keys from a locked safe and come and shut off the alarm. This is only done by a magnetic key thing. That was so nice of him to come out...and pretty funny too. Poor Stu, I didn't tell her not to pull it...I forgot to warn her ;) Anyways, was thinking on that....the multiple ways we'd get out of it. Hahaha...the best idea was I'd lie on the floor looking as if i'd fallen (with my leg off ofcourse), straining for my crutches....but alas....from the time we got Saranya, the alarm had been sounding a good half hour atleast...so if I really was in need of serious help, I'd be dead! Because there is no one to respond!!! Thankfully, Bhaiyah to the rescue!!

I went to see the new Pride and Prejudice movie tonight with Shreya, Chandru and Brisena (a new friend). We laughed a lot...it was slightly funny, but they made the most romantic parts of the book, soooo lame....i mean the two marriage proposals were a far cry from the heart pulling moments they were in the book. Shreya was in stitches the whole time :) hehehe...needless to say, Colin Firth is the man, I recommend seeing the BBC version, rather than this one.

I am realizing how much packing I have to do, and that I need a place to stay as soon as I leave college accommodation. I'll try not to wear out my welcome....anybody with spare floor space??

Here's my 'Room Requested' Add:

Nice girl seeks small floor space to sleep for next few days. Comes with excellent cooking skills, can sing you a song, do your mending, washing, ironing (scary, eh? hahaha)...just needs space for two suitcases and a backpack... ;)

Let's try again:

Help!! In desperate need of a patch of floor to sleep on. 4+ years experience as a roomate, considerate to other's needs, only needs a small space of 5 feet by 2 feet (well, probably bigger than that, but i like to think i'm that small)...will teach you self survival cooking essentials (if you so need to be taught)...will teach you all about zoology (am looking for a job as well too....)...could be enjoyable company. :)

Will keep you all posted! Don't worry, Mom and Dad...I'll be fine! :)

"You are tying the tip of your heart to a pillar that cannot be moved." Oh, Stu, you are right...thanks for listening and the advice. You so eloquently put into words how I was feeling :) "thhhaennkkssss" (said thru a 'closed' mouth in a wide smile) ;) Sometimes we need someone else to tell us what it is we are doing and why we are feeling in such a way. You know I've been incredibly blessed by friends with excellent foresight....Abbie, Miri, Imelda, Julia, Stuti....ladies....if only I could listen to you and really listen! I, on-the-other-hand, am very blessed with hindsight. Oh yes, hindsight, only afterwards do I realize what I should have done, how I've misinterpreted this or that....or just simply had false hopes about something...I'm always learning these things the hard way, which isn't always the best way, yeah? Anyways, Stuti...I will try hard to unfetter the tip of my heart from that pillar!! Because it's been pulled in all directions only by myself, attempting to move that pillar with me, when it is immovable and I lack the strength of Sampson (though I think my long hair rivals his) to move it. (If you aren't sure, ask me the story of Sampson).

You are tying the tip of your heart to a pillar that cannot be moved...

No comments: