Saturday, September 24, 2005

She's been thinking about what will happen when she goes home. Will she find everyone changed? Will the people she knew remember her? Will she find it's she herself who has changed so much? Those butterflies are swarming inside that belly of hers...and no amount of laughter can change that now. The unknown...it never leaves an easy feeling, does it? You see, she had built a sort of home here. She thought she'd be staying longer. God has other plans though, but what they are remain to be seen. Maybe my home needs me more...there are things for me to do. I could help with hurricane recovery, animal resue, environment clean-up. She's just afraid of what she'll find back home.

Fear of leaving what she's come to love so much here.

For Julia, Saranya and Mother:
(The Abraham gang)

There are places I remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever, not for better
Some are gone and some remain

All these places have their moments
With people and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
But in my life, I loved them all

But of all these friends and loved ones
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and friends that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
But in my life I loved you more


No comments: