Sunday, September 18, 2005

She steps up to the microphone and nervously taps it....."ahem...i-is this th-thing on?".....everyone laughs....and she smiles....she likes when people laugh, it makes her stomach's butterflies dance in rythem....she closes her eyes and goes deep inside...it's time to let people in, to let people see what she sees, hear what she hears, feel what she feels....the music begins, first in her heart, then in her head....then out loud.

She's singing you see...
That singer is me...
Eyes closed, head tilted high...
Soul soaring in the sky...
What is my song?
I know it's so long...
For I want everyone to know it...
This singer's a poet...
Her pages are worn...
Some even torn...
But all bear the marks of her friends...
The words come from life's little bends...
The amazing miracles that have taken place...
She remembers the smile on each one's face...
The tears and joy in just one year...
Do you have a listening ear?
I want to share my life's song...
And you know me, it'll always be long...
I want to let you enter in...
As i attempt to begin...
I sing a melody...
It's not just my own you see...
You all gave it to me...
You all are my harmony...
My rythem is our daily laughter...
My words are my reflections after...
So relax, close your eyes, and follow me...
I want to show you what I see...
Experience life the way I do...
My music plays because of you...

She stops....thinking her number was way too long, and opens her eyes and wonders who had caught a glimpse of who she really was. Some faces stare, others smile....she thinks they must've followed a while....she smiles slightly to herself, knowing that each song she sings is meant to share that hidden part....and she walks away from that stage glad to remove the spotlight, once again the nervous butterflies return....this time in pandemoneom....she laughs and stepping outside throughs her hands in the wind....humming a familar melody....finding a friend to sing harmony....and another to give a beat....and still another to form a chorus....she steps back, happy to share in the song and find herself party to life's secret concerts.



2 comments:

Saranya said...

Good stuff!! Its really nice, although my innate nature rebels against the girly pink background.

Rachael said...

hi saranya, yeah...being that this is my first time...haha, you're right...gosh, I cannot stand pink...when you get a chance help me change the colours...I thought it was purple ;)