Monday, July 17, 2006

~I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all adds up the same
Soaring on the wings of selfish pride
Flew too high
And like Icharus I collide
With a world I try so hard to leave behind
To rid myself of all but love
To give and die.....
Take my world apart......
Can I be the one to sacrifice?
Or rend the spear and watch the blood and water flow?
Did you really have to die for me?
For all I am and who You are
For what I see and what I believe
Oh, worlds apart....~

I am determined to put one foot infront of the other
Keeping my eyes forward, instead of looking down
Instead of looking back

Why lose hope, who lose faith?
That pain is more unbearable than any physical affliction
That pain is more searing

No, I open my life's book to a new chapter
A new plot to live out, new friends to make, choices to take
Hopefully not another heart ache!

I have a goal, and I need to reach it
I need to stop defining myself by certain things
My leg is not me, I am not it

I was proud of all I could do
I took those blessings for granted, I never thought...
That's right, I never thought.

But who is me? I am Rachael.
I attributed all my good qualities towards overcoming with my leg
But they were inside me to begin with

Just because I climbed that mountain
Wasn't the reason for my empathy, for my sensitivity
No, it was just me. Not it, not the leg.

Those seeds of character were inside me
All along, not manifested because of my leg
Me, I was, long before I was born here.

In the life conceived for me
My leg is secondary, my heart is primary
I choose what to believe, what to feel deeply

I am me
I need to know that to be free
I can't judge me by the leg I see
All I need to know is I am me

Then I won't fly too high
Then I won't collide with the world that sees the leg
Then I can rid myself of all but love; to give and die

Worlds apart
No pride in the price of sacrifice
Just simple, honest pleasure in loving the world in its weaknesses
And loving me, as He does.


No comments: