Monday, July 17, 2006

Here are some pictures from my fun weekend (last week). I finally got to see some close friends after 2 years apart for most of them! It was great! The cool thing about good friends is that they're like a cup of tea: warm, refreshing, even after 10 sips!.....so it is with friends, you can pick up your tea cup, as if those 10 sips never happened, things are still warm, refreshing and uplifting. Two of them I won't see for some time again, so it was important for us all to get together, for one last time. : ) (Ofcourse, I had to make the promise that I would not get married in the next few years....HAHAHA!!!! -- I said, "Don't worry, there's nobody on my horizon right now...and I wouldn't dream of having a wedding without you in it!") Miri and I also sang our rendition of "Someday My Prince Will Come" ; ) It felt like old times....especially with Miri and I taking the night shift until 5:30am! : ) Anyways, when I rode the metro back into the city with Miri and Abbie, I went home with Miri for a few hours in Maryland. We watched the World Cup....Zidane...sigh...what were you thinking? It's like those "yah Mama" jokes in the States -- in one ear, out the other -- but headbutting? In my book, no matter what someone else says to you, physical violence is never acceptable. But enough of my thoughts on that....I also got to see Miri's new nephew!!!!!!! I'm Emo chingu now!!!!! : ) (Aunt's friend)...and he was so cute. It was great holding him and made me remember times past of holding little Oxa. Anyways, enjoy the pictures! These are girls who really mean the world to me.

Emo chingu Rachael with Emo Miri and little Joseph

No comments: