Monday, June 05, 2006

So she's been lost in that sea of faces
That crowd of people just following the tides
They don't even know the places
In which each one resides
Just dull, drab, dreary
Just weak, worn, weary
Going thru the motions
Without showing any emotions

Did she lose her confidence -- her drive?
Does she remember how to survive?
Can she ever feel alive?

She longs to break free.....

Stop rehashing old battles
Get back up in the saddle
Don't look back again
Keep her eyes focused on Him
Live a life anew
Have a purpose in what you do
Don't despair or be depressed
That pain from the past is repressed
It's not coming to harm
So take life's arm
And move on, move up, move free
She say's, 'don't forget me'

So I climb slowly up to the stage
I hum a few notes in my head
I look out at the crowd and think
'It's not them I'm here to impress --
My singing's only meant to bless."
So I clear my throat
Get rid of that scratchy feeling
And smile secretly to myself
As those butterflies finally fly free
In that stomach of mine
And I close my eyes
Go deep inside
And open my mouth
And the music comes forth
Shaky at first,
Gradually stronger,
Until even I am overcome
By the life song I sing
Familiar harmonies come through
From my friends like you
The beat has changed
But I like it just the same
I've got a new song in my heart
And the ache of newfound joy to let loose

No comments: