Tuesday, February 28, 2006

LEG UPDATE!

Alright, well, they've taken my prosthesis back for some major adjustments, so I'm again back 100% on crutches....I think my arms must hate me so much! I have to wait until 8 March before it's ready for another test run. This is fine by me though, because the first type of the prosthesis was not aligned properly, also I lost some muscle mass in my stump, so it shrank probably to about the size it was before I injured myself. So they are remaking the whole socket and then reattaching the foot at the proper angle. I never thought I'd get to use my college physics, but it helped me explain and understand the problem with the mechanics of my leg! woo-hoo! I'll have that leg for a few days, and then hopefully, if all is well (please, dear God!) then they'll take it and finish it off, shape it into a leg and put fake skin on it. I can't wait!!!

I'm hopefully going to get a haircut soon. My long curly hair is not used to this New England weather, plus, I think it's been over a year since I last had it styled, and it was trimmed only in October....yeah....any suggestions!?!? Cait, I hear you cut off 12 inches of your hair for Locks of Love (they take human hair and make wigs for paediatric cancer patients). How short is it now!?

No comments: