Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I'm in Lexington now, studying like mad for the Advanced Bio GRE. Miri has an exam too on Saturday, the MPRE (I think professional responsibility exam). So we're both keeping each other going! It's so nice to be back in a familiar place with a friend who's like a sister. We're kind of like little old ladies, it's pretty funny.

I got to briefly see many of my old biology professors this time, and will visit more thoroughly next week (after the exam!). Miri's friend are all nice again.

It was also really neat. When I arrived on Sunday, I went with Miri to the worship practice for GCF (the christian fellowship that I used to be worship leader for, for 3 years). She plays flute again (we were together on the team for those 3 years). And so I went to the practice, and they invited me to sing with them. It was nice, to sing some of our songs we always sang and learn a new one. And they still have my 'Big Box of Worship' ; ) Miri told me she keeps claiming ownership to it! haha. GCF is so small now, but it's made up of a good crew. I like the new Intervarsity staff worker. It did feel weird not recognizing many faces.....felt so nostalgic for old times again.

Anyways, I better get back to studying.......Must do well on this test!!

Oh! And ofcourse, bought stuff to make my 'world famous' mint chocolate brownies.....just need to find the time to bake them! ; ) (I think Miri's counting on that!)

Been reading more C.S. Lewis poetry and the poem below is one of the one's I've really come to love. It's kind of funny, seems like every time I come down to Lexington to visit Miri, I'm reading C.S. Lewis. Last time in August, it was his Trilogy.

No comments: